Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's a New Year

It's a sad story when your 93 year old grandpa ( actually Nick's grandpa) could stay up to bring in the new year and I couldn't. I guess that is what happens when you have a new baby. Nick and I fell asleep around 11:30 and remember hearing the Strip fireworks in our sleeping stupor. But we did have a fun New Years Eve anyway. We ordered in Outback and even managed to buy the last bottle of sparkling apple cider. Not the most eventful but definitely memorable.

This year has gone by so fast. I know everyone says that but really it has. It also has been quite eventful.

Top 5 2009 Events
1. Birth of baby Scarlett ( duh)
2. Nick's graduation in Economics
3. My graduation in Nursing
4. Getting Dixie
5. Nick's new job

I know 2010 with be filled with new adventures, like me trying to figure out this whole mommy thing. So far Scarlett has been a dream. I absolutely love taking care of her each day and fill so blessed that because of Nick's job I can continue. I am so excited to watch her grow this year and learn new "tricks". So far all she does is make funny faces and flail her arms around (all of which are unintentional). The only hard part about staying home is that we only have one car. Nick uses it to go to work, so I am really at home all day. I do get a little lonely for some conversation and adult contact. I also have to try real hard to feel productive. I hate watching TV and feeling lazy. So I am trying to figure out new things, like making dinner (yes I do not cook), this blogging thing, and digital scrap booking. I know I am very adventurous. I also can not wait for the day when I can exercise and run again ( I am going to start next week!!). Being at home with a new baby is not the most exciting but it is so rewarding! So here's to a new year filled with new adventures.
Fun Pictures of 2009

Halloween, we were truckers.

Dixie fell asleep trying to get over the coach. So cute!

A bunch of the girl cousins at Mandi's Wedding

About to walk and showing off our caps. A whole bunch of us did this. It was so fun!

Snowboarding in Brain Head

Putting up Scarlett's crib in our newly painted nursery.

Surfing in New Port on the Camp summer vacation


No comments:

Post a Comment