Yesterday it was raining and overcast all day. I really wanted to cozy up on the couch and take a nap. Of course Scarlett woke early from her nap. Instead of putting her back down in her bassinet I let her sleep with me on the couch. It was the best hour I have had in a month. Scarlett and me cuddled up on the couch watching the rain. It's moments like this that I love, love, love being a mom.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Rainy Day
I found this blog the other day, like I mentioned in last post. It has kept me occupied for a couple of days now. I really enjoy all the new, cool info. It is called babywisemom.blogspot.com. It is great for me since I am new at this whole mom thing and new advise all the time. The author is a little nuts and schedule crazy but some of her stuff is really good. She advises keeping a daily diary until you figure out the right schedule. Since I have no life I have been doing this and it helps. I know when she naps bests and has her longest wake period. She also discusses the best way to put your baby down to sleep and for naps. You swaddle them real tight, hold for 5 minutes until drowsy, and then lay down. You of course have to do this at the right time when you child is not too sleepy and not too awake (the diary helps this). It totally works for Scarlett. She goes down usually with just a couple grunts ( of course). I just have to get her to stay alseep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jill Your such a cute mommy! I hope someday I can have a day like that. That's a good website also. I checked it out even though i'm not a mom. :)I LOVE cozy rainy days. :) Hey if you want an invite to my blog let me know. I need your email if you do, email me. mine is: mandiroth@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThe best part is there will be many more moments just like that!
ReplyDelete