The girls were so excited for Mother's Day to finally arrive. They both had made me a special present and were bursting to give to me. I woke up to breakfast in bed and Scarlett begging for me to open her present. Alice drew a picture of a rainbow with flowers and Scarlett gave me a small mason jar filled with reasons why she loved me (she made it in school and I love it). I loved ready the notes and seeing all the reasons she came up with. My favorite was "I love you mom because you help do art". Scarlett is my little artist and I have actually been trying to encourage her to draw, paint, and be creative. It was validating that she appreciates my efforts. Nick was a sweetheart and got me a dozen red roses. It was the first time he was ever gotten me red rose, which are so beautiful and classic. I loved not having any church meetings in the morning and being able to enjoy the morning with the kids. I love celebrating all the mothers in m life and the lessons they have taught me. I have been blessed (as has Nick) with amazing women that have loved and supported us.
I was thinking today of how strong motherhood has me. I am so much more emotionally, physically, and spiritually strong because of my children. The growth I have seen in myself in the last 7 years of motherhood has been astounding. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has drawn me closer to my Savior than my children. I am understanding more and more the divine role that families and parenthood has in the Plan of Salvation. I feel so blessed to be a mother, wife, and daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment