I love the anticipation of going to Lake Powell. I love the planning, packing, food buying, and dreaming of the perfect week. Really, I love it all. In the dark days of my first trimester I would think of sunny days at the lake and it would warm my soul.
This Lake Powell was very special for me as I finally had a kid that was old enough to get excited!! Alice stayed behind with the Milnes (she would have drowned in a second) and Scarlett came with us. We talked about Lake Powell for a month before we left and got her all excited to go. On the drive she asked every 5 seconds if we there. I remember being her age and just bursting with wonder and energy. It was such a joy to share this experience with her and spend the week making memories.
I love the hot wind in my face and going through my hair. I love the warm nights and watching the full moon rise over the mountains. I love not having cell service and forgetting what a cell phone even is. I love how ALL food taste better after an afternoon of swimming. I love sharing this place with my kids and husband. I love the very first day and thinking that I have 5 more days of this left. I hate leaving.
The water was rising about a foot a day. By the time we left this island was just about underwater...crazy. We loved swimming to it and getting a nice tan
I am so happy Nick could come for a couple of days. Scarlett just loved having him there and he played with her every second of the day. He even talked her into going on the surf board with him...amazing!!
Scarlett and Nick tried for 3 days to catch a lizard. Of course, the day he leaves she catches one and I have to manage it. Good thing is ran away after day
There's nothing better than reading a book in the hot sun and having this as your view. When I told my grandpa (who came the last couple of days) that this is such a pretty place he said "oh no. It is not pretty at all. It is epic!"






No comments:
Post a Comment