So last Sunday I got a call from my mom's friend Tara asking me if I wanted to... run 19 miles over 30 hours, be cold, hungry, get no sleep, live in a car, oh and your last 6 miles is straight up hill. What did I say? HELL YES! Pardon my French but I was super excited. I have heard about Ragnars for a while and really wanted to run one. A Ragnar is a 12 person running relay that goes for over 24 hours straight and around 200 miles. Each runner has 3 legs. It is an adult sleep over party! My first leg was 9 miles and went along Lake Mead ending at Calville Bay Marina. My second leg was 3.4 miles (at 1 am in the morning) and went along my parents house. I was so excited that my parents came to watch me finish this leg of the race. I really needed some support as I was super tired. I know my parents are amazing! My last leg was, well I don't know where, but it was over 6 miles and was all uphill. It was death and I loved it. I was pretty proud of my self for running my last leg around 8:50 min. miles. I even got 8 kills (passing people) including one super buff guy who failed to keep up :). I had an amazing time, even though I knew no one on my team. This is a race I will for sure do again.
The start. We started in Valley of Fire at 9:45 on Friday
1 am and freezing! We had to wear these reflective vest pretty much the whole time. Classy I know.
Before my last run and once again freezing
But then I got excited
Then I wanted to die
DONE!! I was so happy and drugged up with caffeine
Our team Ragnar Addicts finishing Saturday at 4pm at Red Rock Casino
Snazzy metal and shirt
I missed them. Thanks mom and Emily for watching Scarlett. Oh and Nick helped a little too:)


Good Job!!
ReplyDeleteGo you!
ReplyDeleteI just had to tell you that you have the cutest little family!
Wow! My hero! I am SO excited that I ran 25 minutes straight the other day, and I don't know for sure, but I think that was just barely 1 mile! You're pretty impressive!
ReplyDeleteyou go girl! they have run like that here called hood to coast. all of my family runs it but i am too lazy, so you are awesome, good job!
ReplyDeletei hate you jill.Why do you have to so athletic and awesome!? thanks for commenting on my blog love you too
ReplyDeleteoops that last one was from me.. caity. I dont think mom would use those harsh of words with you. She is probably thinking them but i dont think she would ever voice them haha
ReplyDelete